How Businesses Can Adapt and Market to the Mobile World
Your audience has moved to mobile and conversion rates on these devices are also increasing. In fact in 2018, 58% of site visits were from mobile devices therefore it’s important you invest in mobile marketing and meet your prospects where they are.
Some basics you need to be visible in this mobile ecosystem:
- Website – make sure your website is formatted to display well on mobile devices. According to Google 67% of people are accessing the internet via phone and are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site. Use responsive design – a website that uses the same URL and uses technology (CSS & HTML5) to display content based on the device the visitor is using.
- Email marketing – optimize your emails so they’re formatted for smartphones as more than 40% emails are viewed on them. A study shows three fourths of email recipients will delete an email which does not display right on their device
- Search – Search is also moving to mobile devices and today nearly 64% of all searches are made now from mobile devices
- Mobile SEO – A Nielsen study found that 74 % of mobile users utilize a search engine during their purchase process. Since people search and click differently on smartphones there’s a need for optimizing your site to rank well and for a positive user experience on mobile devices.
- Mobile PPC – although mobile pay per click marketing is more challenging as real estate is scarce as there’s limited space on the smartphone interfaces, however the top three results on the screen are Paid Search ads, so if you can do this right a call or a lead could come just as easy as from a tap on the screen
- Social Media – FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Flipboard are just a few of the social media sites that people visit a couple times a day and mostly from their mobile devices. In fact 86% of Facebook’s traffic comes from mobile devices. So make sure your business page, posts and images on social media sites display well so they can be liked, shared, tweeted, pinned in order to get more conversions
- Location-based targeting, mobile video, mobile banner ads, App-based marketing, QR Codes marketing, SMS & MMS marketing, advertising (pay per gaze) on wearable technologies such as Google glass or wearable watches are all part of the mobile marketing mix which have started or expected to gain momentum.
How We Can Help
We can help by optimizing your online properties so you can engage the right individual, with the right message at the right time and on their mobile device so you get ahead of the competition. After all it’s not just traffic or “likes” but engagement that will result in more leads and sales.
Want to meet your customers where they are?
Email or Call 952-448-3806 for a 30-min free consultation.